Laughter
A comment I received on my last post got me thinking. I reread the post I had written, and realized that perhaps my complaining about the soap-spot on my sweater (nope, didn't dry nicely, it's still a huge wet-looking blob on my front) sounds self-absorbed and petty. I mean, wars are going on, people are dying, terror alerts are being raised, it's a frightening world we live in, and I'm complaining about a dumb soap spot on my shirt?
I can’t let myself get hung up on the little things—it would drive me bananas. If I freaked out every time I got a spot on my clothes, I’d be in constant freak-out mode! I try to see the humor in everything...small problems and big, good times and bad. That's what I try to share. I think it's darn funny that if I'm wearing white I'll pour coffee in my lap but if I wear black I dump a carton of yogurt on myself...even funnier that I would stain myself with the stuff made to remove stains…my complaints are good natured and (to me, anyway) humorous.
It’s often when things are really at their worst that we see all the good we have. When my husband asked me to take him to the hospital because he was having extreme abdominal pain (he ended up having his appendix out), I got a call from my brother, asking if I wanted him to come to the hospital to wait with us. When my husband needed to stay in the hospital two nights, my brother came to stay with me when I was having panic attacks at the thought of being alone in my house. Really bad time—for my husband and myself—but I learned that my brother is always there for me, and that’s a precious lesson to learn.
I joke around and complain about silly stuff, but I know what’s important and I’m thankful for it.
I’m thankful every day for:
1. My husband
2. My family
3. My friends
4. Laughter
5. That my health problems are manageable, not terminal
6. My life
7. My job
8. My new house
9. My faith
Oh, there's more, but my brain starts shutting down about 5:30 every day, so I can't currently think of any more.
So, in closing, thanks to the commenter who may have meant something 180 degrees different from how I took it, but regardless, it got me thinking and I'm glad for that.
Stay abnormal, everybody.
I can’t let myself get hung up on the little things—it would drive me bananas. If I freaked out every time I got a spot on my clothes, I’d be in constant freak-out mode! I try to see the humor in everything...small problems and big, good times and bad. That's what I try to share. I think it's darn funny that if I'm wearing white I'll pour coffee in my lap but if I wear black I dump a carton of yogurt on myself...even funnier that I would stain myself with the stuff made to remove stains…my complaints are good natured and (to me, anyway) humorous.
It’s often when things are really at their worst that we see all the good we have. When my husband asked me to take him to the hospital because he was having extreme abdominal pain (he ended up having his appendix out), I got a call from my brother, asking if I wanted him to come to the hospital to wait with us. When my husband needed to stay in the hospital two nights, my brother came to stay with me when I was having panic attacks at the thought of being alone in my house. Really bad time—for my husband and myself—but I learned that my brother is always there for me, and that’s a precious lesson to learn.
I joke around and complain about silly stuff, but I know what’s important and I’m thankful for it.
I’m thankful every day for:
1. My husband
2. My family
3. My friends
4. Laughter
5. That my health problems are manageable, not terminal
6. My life
7. My job
8. My new house
9. My faith
Oh, there's more, but my brain starts shutting down about 5:30 every day, so I can't currently think of any more.
So, in closing, thanks to the commenter who may have meant something 180 degrees different from how I took it, but regardless, it got me thinking and I'm glad for that.
Stay abnormal, everybody.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home