It only took 2 years...
I swear, I tried to blog before this. I was informed that I needed a Google account. Okeydoke, no problem. I go through the "sign up for new Google account" process. I enter an email address. Check. Enter a password. It's strong. Check. I verify said strong password. Check. I enter the crazy set of wavy letters. Check. I agree to terms and conditions. Check. Push button...and, BAM. Back at the "sign up for new Google account" page again. Okaaaay...maybe I didn't correctly type the crazy set of wavy letters. Try again. Push botton...and, BAM. Back at the "sign up for new Goggle account" page. Again. Ok. It is quite possible, being that I always try to do things too quickly, that I have, for a second time, mistyped the crazy set of wavy letters. Or, maybe I didn't mistype, maybe I just didn't see them correctly. I'll try it again. And again.
And again.
And again.
And again.
You see where this is going?
Most normal people would've given up after the second, MAYBE third, attempt. Me, I just assume I'm doing something wrong (because 99% of the time, I am) and I continue typing crazy sets of wavy letters.
I still have no Google account, I can't get into my blog.
It took two years for me to recover and attempt again.
Ahem. The same thing happened.
This time, I KNOW it's not me. So, I wise up (after attempting the "sign up for new Google account" process five times) and try things differently. Instead of attempting to sign into my blog and be prompted to create a new Google account, I just go directly to Google and create an account.
BINGO!
I've got my account.
Things are rolling now.
So, I log into the blog with my brand-spankin' new Google credentials.
Now, I can't get into my blog. It's already taken, I'm told, by someone with no Google account.
Yes, I am AWARE of that...since I AM THE PERSON WHO TOOK THAT BLOG WITH THE NON-GOOGLE ACCOUNT 2 YEARS AGO!
Ok, taking deep breaths. I managed to make it through the "create new Google account" process, the rest of this can't be so bad.
Try to sign into old blog using old, not so brand-spankin' new credentials. Unfortunately, new Google credentials have been remembered on this computer (as requested by me, when creating new Google account). Ahem. Taking another deep breath. Sign out. Resign in with old credentials. Am prompted to enter brand-spankin' new Google credentials. Stop taking deep breaths, in order to hold breath...........
I'M IN! I'm blogging! It only took 2 years, 15 attempts to create new Google account, 2 attemps to log into blog, and 17 deep breaths!
Thus the title of blog. Does this happen to anyone else?
And again.
And again.
And again.
You see where this is going?
Most normal people would've given up after the second, MAYBE third, attempt. Me, I just assume I'm doing something wrong (because 99% of the time, I am) and I continue typing crazy sets of wavy letters.
I still have no Google account, I can't get into my blog.
It took two years for me to recover and attempt again.
Ahem. The same thing happened.
This time, I KNOW it's not me. So, I wise up (after attempting the "sign up for new Google account" process five times) and try things differently. Instead of attempting to sign into my blog and be prompted to create a new Google account, I just go directly to Google and create an account.
BINGO!
I've got my account.
Things are rolling now.
So, I log into the blog with my brand-spankin' new Google credentials.
Now, I can't get into my blog. It's already taken, I'm told, by someone with no Google account.
Yes, I am AWARE of that...since I AM THE PERSON WHO TOOK THAT BLOG WITH THE NON-GOOGLE ACCOUNT 2 YEARS AGO!
Ok, taking deep breaths. I managed to make it through the "create new Google account" process, the rest of this can't be so bad.
Try to sign into old blog using old, not so brand-spankin' new credentials. Unfortunately, new Google credentials have been remembered on this computer (as requested by me, when creating new Google account). Ahem. Taking another deep breath. Sign out. Resign in with old credentials. Am prompted to enter brand-spankin' new Google credentials. Stop taking deep breaths, in order to hold breath...........
I'M IN! I'm blogging! It only took 2 years, 15 attempts to create new Google account, 2 attemps to log into blog, and 17 deep breaths!
Thus the title of blog. Does this happen to anyone else?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home